One of the most common and chronic respiratory problem is asthma which gives you trouble in breathing. When you breath in oxygen, it passes through airpipe and reaches the lungs through bronchi. When the airpipe becomes narrow due to excess mocuos, it causes difficulty in breathing which leads to asthma.
If you want to be safe from asthma then you must take certain precautionary measures which can lead to fewer asthma attacks.
Symptoms of Asthma
If you are suffering from the following problems then it is the asthma that is giving you such trouble
- Difficulty in breathing
- Chest tightness
- Shortness of breath
Causes of Asthma
Asthma can occur due to many things. Some of the reasons are as follows
- Occupation : if your occupation is such that you need to around the dust and pollution most of the time, then it is a possibility that you may get asthma attack.
- Genetics: if your family has a history of asthma then there are chances that you may also inherit it.
- Environment: if you are living in a environment where you cannot take in fresh air then this might also cause asthma.
Ginger is one of those things that is used to treat many health problems. It has got some health benefial properties which helps in treating asthma. Since ancient times ginger is used to treat asthma.
Properties of Ginger
Ginger is rich in certain properties which helps in dealing with asthma. The properties are as follows
- Anti fungal
- Anti bacterial
- Anti inflammatory
- Anti viral
- Anti nausea
Apart from these ginger is also rich in
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin E
- B- complex
Features of Ginger
Ginger is a must to add ingredient in every asian recipe. Apart from being used to add flavour to food and juices it is used as a remedy to treat respiratory problems like asthma, cold, cough etc. using ginger in any form like raw, fresh or dried form will give to health benefits.
- Ginger helps to normalize the airpipe and makes the breathing easy.
- Ginger contains oleoresins which fights the infections by clearing the excess mucuos in the windpipe.
- Ginger contains component like shogoals which acts like anti inflammatory agents and fights asthma problems and infections.
- Ginger not only inhibits the enzyme that causes airways muscles to constrict but also activates an enzyme which helps in relaxing the air passage.
- As said before ginger has got anti inflammatory properties which clears up the harmful chemicals present in the body as well as releases psychological stress which may lead to asthma.
- Ginger helps in removing phlegm that is the reason for itchiness in the throat and makes breathing easy.
Remedies To Use Ginger For Asthma
Ginger and pomegranate juice
- Blend a fresh piece of ginger and extract its juice
- Mix the ginger juice with equal quantity of pomegranate juice
- Add a bit of honey if you wish
- Consume a tablespoon of this juice daily twice or thrice daily.
- Boil a cup of water and add a piece of ginger
- You can even add ginger powder instead of fresh one
- Let the water boil for few minutes
- Strain the water and add a teaspoon of honey and sip it.
Ginger And Fenugreek Seeds
- Soak a tablespoon of fenugreek seeds in water overnight
- Next morning drain the water and allow the fenugreek seeds to dry
- Take a tablespoon of ginger juice and add the fenugreek seeds along with a tablespoon of honey
- Have this once daily to detoxify the lungs and to stay away from asthma.
Ginger And Lemon Grass
- Boil a a cup of water and add lemon grass stalk which is sliced
- Add ¼ cup of grated ginger and let it boil for few minutes
- Turn off the flame and add 2 teaspoon of herbal tea
- Strain the water and add lemon juice along with honey for flavour.
- Drink this tea daily to get rid of asthma.
Ginger And Black Pepper
- Black pepper is very useful in treating respiratory problems and when combined with ginger, it gives best results.
- Take a teaspoon each of ginger juice, black pepper powder and honey
- Mix this in a cup of water and drink this decoction daily to cure asthma.
Ginger And Lemon Juice.
- Take a fresh ginger root
- Make slices out of it
- To a cup of boiling water add ginger slices
- Allow it to boil for 2-3 minutes
- Switch off the flame and strain the water
- Wait for few minutes until it the temperature goes down
- Now add a teaspoon of fresh lemon juice
- Drink this daily in the mornig to treat asthma.
In order to get best results try out the desired remedy daily until you feel the need.