Skin rashes are one of the common problems which can arise in any types of skin either dry or oily. This is characterized by red and itchy skin or small bumps over the skin can even cause itchiness.
If you are also looking for home remedies for skin rashes on body but before it let’s know about the cause of it.
What is the cause of Skin Rashes?
Skin rashes can be caused due to multiple factors in which allergies, psoriasis, eczema are the common one. The insect bites, acne or sweating can also increase the itchiness and inflammation on the skin.
You would be surprised to know that irritation of skin can be caused due to cosmetic products which you are using such as soaps, detergents, shampoos, facial cream etc.
Bacterial or fungal infection even viral infections can also trigger the rashes and aggravate the condition.
Top 10 Home Remedies for Skin Rashes on Body
1. Olive oil
Olive oil is a rich source of Vitamin E and antioxidants which acts as an anti-inflammatory and helps in preventing skin rashes.
This can be applied to the skin by addition of turmeric as it is anti-bacterial and anti-fungal. You can mix turmeric with other oils as well.
2. Baking soda
Baking soda helps in drying skin rashes and inhibits pain and redness on the skin caused due to burning, insect bites etc.
- You can add a pinch of baking soda in a bowl of water.
- Apply this solution on the affected area for few minutes and remove it soon as it can cause further inflammation and irritation.
Oatmeal is a complete and influential face pack helps in relieving pain and skin irritation as it acts as antibacterial and anti-inflammatory.
- Oatmeal can be mixed with water to make a paste. You can apply it to the skin rashes, pimples, acne and can observe the best effect within a couple of days.
- You can also mix oatmeal with few drops of rosewater or water and one teaspoon of honey and can apply on affected area. This also makes the skin soft and supple.
4. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera is widely used for skin purposes as it is anti-inflammatory inhibits pain and inflammation. This is also a source of antioxidants which removes free radicals and protects skin from oxidative damage.
- This also acts as anti-bacterial and anti-fungal eliminates acne and rashes add a glow to the skin as well.
- You can also use aloe vera cream, facewash, or extract of it.
5. Cold Compress
Skin rashes can be caused due to insect bites, bacterial infections or heat can be eased by application of ice bag.
- You can apply sealed ice bag to the affected area.
- You can also wrap ice in a towel and can rub on the skin rashes.
Note: – Never rub ice directly on the skin.
6. Apple Cider Vinegar
Raw Apple cider vinegar is a source of acetic acid which helps in inhibiting rashes and inflammation.
- You can apply apple cider vinegar on the affected area with the help of a cotton ball.
- If you have allergy from this solution then dilute with water.
- If the sensitivity still persists then don’t use it instead of it you can consult with a doctor.
Chamomile helps in relieving pain and inflammation caused due to skin rashes as it acts as an anti-inflammatory.
This also acts as anti-bacterial and anti-fungal which has a soothing effect and removes bacterial and fungal infections.
- You can simmer chamomile flowers in water then soaka cotton ball in chamomile tea.
- Apply it on the affected area twice a day to get relief from pain and rashes.
- You can also dilute few drops of chamomile in 2-3 tablespoon of coconut oil or in other oil.
Neem is considered as one of the effective property to heal skin rashes. This has medicinal properties used to treat skin problems like acne, pimples since past.
This acts as an anti-inflammatory which reduces pain and inflammation. This also reduces problems of psoriasis, skin irritation as it acts as antibacterial and antifungal.
- You have to boil neem leaves about one handful followed by straining of this solution.
- Apply this to the affected area and let it for 5-10 minutes and wash it with cold water.
- If you have not enough time then you can use the alternative which contains the substitute of neem like soaps and medicated cream etc.
Calendula helps in minimising the pain of skin rashes as it acts as an anti-inflammatory and inhibits the irritation. Skin irritation is the most common cause of skin rashes but the application of Calendula oil on the affected area has a soothing effect.
Eczema, dry skin, ulcers, bruises are some of the symptoms of skin rashes but calendula oil has a therapeutic effect as it acts as a property of anti-bacterial and anti-fungal.
- Take few drops of calendula oil and apply on the skin rashes and leave it for few hours. Within 2-3 days you will observe the slight improvement.
- Skin rashes are also due to bacterial infections hence you can also add this amazing calendula oil in the bathing tub to get rid of skin problems.
Coriander is an effective home remedy for the skin rashes as it has an amazing property of anti-inflammatory which inhibits the inflammation and itchiness of the skin.
This also acts as an anti-irritant which minimises and diminishes the irritation of the skin.
- Take coriander leaves and make a fine paste of it and apply it on to the affected area of skin twice a day.
- Coriander seeds have also exclusive property which heals the skin rashes. You have to just simmer one teaspoon of coriander seeds in water.
- Have this tea on a regular basis for better effect
- Coriander juice can be taken as well to heal the affected area of skin.
Here we saw those skin rashes can be resolved by applying some home remedies such as Aloe Vera, apple cider vinegar etc.
Feel free to ask any queries and let us know your suggestion and feedback.