Spring season is the most colourful season amongst all. It gives a sense of serenity and peace of mind. Most of us just love to go on a walk and enjoy the season or grab a book and go out door for reading. Despite all this many people can’t go out and do all the stuff just because they are allergic to spring.
The reasons behind spring being allergic are the pollens that fall from the trees and causes allergic reactions like sneezing, fever, runny nose etc. As such there is no specific treatment for spring allergy but you can take precautionary measures in order to keep yourself away from it.
How to Avoid Spring Allergy?
- Eat vitamin c rich diet: when you have figured out that you are allergic to spring season than make sure you eat food that is rich in vitamin C. These foods include strawberry, grape fruit, orange, kale, broccoli, guava, Brussels sprouts, kiwi and red peppers. All these contain antioxidants which counteract histamine and also help in building up your immune system. In order to fight back with the allergens of spring always include the above mentioned food in your regular diet.
- Cover your eyes: when outdoor always wear sunglasses to protect your eyes from the tree pollens. Especially when it is windy day do carry your sunglasses in order to protect your eyes from coming in contact with the pollens.
- Carry hat or a scarf: before stepping out of your home wear a hat and make sure you even carry a scarf; in case it’s windy you can even cover your face with the scarf.
- Close the car windows while travelling: when you are travelling by car always keep the windows up. This way you will be protected from the tree pollen and dust from coming inside.
- Keep an eye on the pollen count and plan your day: it is advisable to always check the pollen count and plan your day accordingly. If the pollen count is high then avoid going out but in case of emergency do carry the essentials like sunglasses, scarf, wide brimmed hat, medical mask.
- Carry allergy medicines: if you are prone to suffer from spring allergy then do consult your doctor and if prescribed medicines, do carry it wherever you go. Even though you can get the allergy medicine from the pharmacy without consulting doctor but it is always advisable to meet your doctor.
You never know when the weather changes, it’s better to keep medicines on hand. Sometimes when you step out it can be a dry day but before you return home it can turn out to be windy, this way there are chances that you will be attacked by pollen.
In order to keep spring allergy at bay it is advisable to follow all the precautionary measures so as to keep yourself fit and fine even in spring season.
Symptoms of Spring Allergy
If you are allergic to spring season then you will be affected by the pollens which disturbs your body and give allergic reactions. The following are the symptoms found when attacked by the tree pollens.
- Runny nose
- Watery eyes
- Dark circles
- Itchiness in nose and eyes