Patchouli oil is derived from giganticancient time favorite perennial which is one of the members of Labiate family and it is close by to thevirtualof mint, sage and lavender. Patchouli essential oil is brilliant in that, it will become better with age.
Patchouli essential oil is purified from the fresh or dried leaves and flowers of several species of Pogostemon, which is a genus of tropical herbs known for their aromatic leaves that is belonging to the family of mints.
This herb is cultivated in many tropical areas solely for the production of essential oil.Patchouli oil is extracted from the lightly perfumed leaves and the white, violet-marked flowers of the beautiful plant. It is a thick, light yellow or brown color liquid with a strong, perfumed-plain and slightly sweet aroma, evocative of wet soil.
Patchouli oil can also promote a skin benefits and can help to reduce the appearance of wrinkles, blemishes and skin imperfections. Patchouli oil can also promote a charming and healthy-looking facial appearance.
It also helps to alleviate signs of dandruff in hair as it balances oiliness and builds strength.
Benefits of Patchouli Oil
There are numerous wonderful health and beauty benefits from just a few drops of patchouli oil. Some of the greatest common benefits of patchouli essential oil include:
- Stops fungal growth
- Fights depression
- Works as a natural deodorant
- It boosts your immune system
- Treat skin conditions
- Clears dandruff from the scalp
- Stimulates hormones
- Enhances mood
- Strengthens hair
- Reduces inflammation
- Fights infection
- Fights fever
Skin benefits of Patchouli Oil
- Patchouli essential oil is good for furthermost skin types.
- It helps the marks fade away, all marks caused by acne or even stretch marks can be treated by patchouli oil.
- You can massage your skin with the help of patchouli oil to prevent wrinkles and cellulites.
- Patchouli oil facilitates the faster healing of wounds by encouraging the growth of your skin.
- This oil help your skin to be well moisturize uneven and chapped skin and it will also reduce the appearances of blemishes, scars, bruises and cuts from your skin.
- Patchouli oil’s astringent properties will help you to stop the primary beginning of sagging skin.
- Patchouli oil can keep your skin smooth and lithe by resisting the formation of fine wrinkles.
- It also helps in relieving the swelling and itching related with skin disorders such as eczema and psoriasis.
- Using patchouli oil for massaging your skin, black heads will be decrease.
Uses of Patchouli Oil for Skin
Patchouli essential oil is usually well accepted by the skin. So this oil can be smeared straight on the skin, without a weakening. Though you should avoid using it undiluted, but it also works excessive with other essential oils that from a complimentary synergy.
Patchouli oil can be very helpful in balancing the production of sebum. So it is good for oily skin or mixed facial appearance as well as this can be helpful in treating acne too. It is decent anti-age oil, as this oil stops the vision of wrinkles and sagging of the skin.
While using patchouli essential oil, once you need to make sure that your skin is also hydrated. Choosing to mix it with other essential oils might make the dealing more operational and at the same time you can keep your skin moisturized. All these benefits of patchouli oil will be making it a great skincare product.
The sweet and musky scent of patchouli oil is habitually used in the aromatic perfumes and colognes; even it can radiate a natural musk when it is applied on your skin. Patchouli oil’s antifungal stuffs make this oil as very useful in treating sportsperson’s foot, and it has the supremacy to alleviate inflammation that is due to an infection.
Patchouli Essential Oil Recipes for Skincare
The following are home remedies of using patchouli oil for skin care.
Face and Body Scrub with Patchouli Oil
- Take a bowl and add ¼ cup of yoghurt.
- Add cornmeal ¼ cup or more in it.
- Now add sugar or coffee in same mixture.
- Lastly add 5 drops of patchouli essential oil; you can also add tea tree oil and lavender oil 5 drops each and stir well mixture.
- Apply this mixture on your face and body as a scrub.
Anti-Age Facial Oil with Patchouli
- Take an empty bottle add carrier oil: 30ml, you can use olive oil that works well.
- Now add 3 drops of geranium in it.
- You can also add 2 drops of rose water.
- Lastly add 3 drops of patchouli oil in it and stir this well.
- Use this mixture as a facial oil on your skin.
Patchouli Oil as Hand Cream
- Take a bowl add ½ cup of olive oil.
- Add ¼ cup of coconut oil in it.
- Add ¼ beeswax into same mixture.
- Add 10 drops of White Fir essential oil.
- Lastly add 15 drops of patchouli into the mixture and stir this well.
- You can use this mixture as a hand cream to apply on your skin.