Blue Cheese Allergy

Blue Cheese Allergy

Blue cheese is also a type of cheese which is made with pasteurized goat’s or cow’s or sheep’s milk and it is ripened with the cultures of mold penicillium. Blue cheese has a salty, sharp flavor and also has pungent aroma. This cheese comes with low fat but it is said to have high sodium content.

What is blue cheese?

This cheese is a rich source of protein, calcium and also phosphorous. This is blue in color because we use an ingredient called blue mold it starts growing up when it is exposed to oxygen resulting in blue lines on cheese after it is ripened.

Blue cheese needs high humidity levels to retain its original taste. Store blue cheese in 90% humidity levels which helps to preserve the taste for longer time. Where these are stored in dry environment that becomes crumbly making it more spicy than original. If it is dried out completely you can use it as toppings on salad.

Before you serve blue cheese the thing you need to remember is that it must come to room temperature which makes cheese to calm down and retain its original characteristics. It smells peculiar that comes from cultivated bacteria. There are certain flavors available depending on the size, shape, and certain climate conditions where the cheese is stored.

Where this blue cheese tastes better when served with raisins, pears, fruit bread, and walnuts. This is not similar to the regular cheese that we use crumble this blue cheese and melt it until it forms a creamy texture. Serve it with plain yogurt or mayonnaise for better taste.

Blue cheese allergy:

If you notice any inflammation developing anywhere on the body then see your doctor immediately as you me allergic to some of the products that are used in preparation of blue cheese.

This cheese consists of two main ingredients to which some people are allergenic milk and mold may be allergenic to some kind of people the reaction for this allergy could result in inflammation on your body. Doctors perform required tests to determine what is the product that is causing inflammation.

Reasons for Blue Cheese Allergy

Eating this cheese can cause inflammation as we know earlier, which can develop anywhere in the body. Blue cheese contains highly allergenic substances, which are milk and mold. Symptoms that are caused by blue cheese result from inflammation in soft tissue in different parts of the body.

Blue spots found in cheese are called molds. If you are suffering from a mold allergic reaction, the Ingested mold can cause inflammation in other parts of the body, such as the gastrointestinal system & the skin.

Inflammation is caused due to histamine produced in the soft tissue by the allergenic product that you consumed. Allergy is a reaction that is caused by the immune system where the immune system releases immunoglobulin antibodies that attack the substance.

In some cases, this inflammation can lead to damage in the respiratory and cardiovascular system which may also lead to a state of shock. This may sometimes be life-threatening so if notice any inflammation after having blue cheese see your doctor as soon as possible.

Blue Cheese

Is it safe to eat blue cheese?

  • Molds produce mycotoxins & aflatoxins.
  • These toxins may affect our respiratory system, in some cases, it acts as carcinogens.
  • All molds do not produce these toxins.

So, it is safe to eat blue cheese if you are not allergic to it or to any of the products that are used in the preparation for it. milk and mold are the only two main products that are used in the preparation of blue cheese. Many people are not much allergic to these particular products try it one time if you feel any of the symptoms try avoiding it on doctor’s recommendation.

Milk Allergy:

The most common food allergy in children & adults is milk. The main ingredient to make blue cheese is milk. Suppose you have a milk allergy you need to avoid all the products which contain blue cheese, including yogurt & ice cream.

Even consuming a little amount of milk also causes allergic reactions like vomiting, diarrhea, nausea, skin rashes, shortness of breathing & chest tightness.

Mold Allergy:

The blue spots found in blue cheese are named mold. If you are diagnosed with a mold allergy, eating blue cheese can trigger mold allergy. It commonly arises from airborne spores during the spring. Mold spores cause inflammation in the eyes. Ingested molds can cause inflammation in other parts of the body, such as the gastrointestinal system. If you are suffering from mold allergy you need to abstain from dry fruits.

Extreme Inflammation:

Excess inflammation can affect your respiratory & cardiovascular system. Anaphylaxis effects entire body when react to the allergen & can cause the inability to breathe, increased heart rate & a sudden drop in blood pressure.  This condition can cause sudden death, requires immediate emergency medical treatment.

Is Blue Cheese Good For Your Health?

This contains high amount of calories & fats.  Single Blue cheese contains 8.2 grams of fats, including 5.3 grams of saturated fats. These different types of harmful fats affect your cholesterol levels.

  • Blue cheese contains calories and fats.
  • High in sodium.
  • Source of protein & vitamin B-12.
  • Rich in minerals.

How to treat Blue Cheese Allergy?

Not only blue cheese allergy we know earlier that the only way to prevent allergy is to avoid eating a particular item that you are allergic to. Because once you develop allergic to some product it is highly impossible to get it eradicated from your body. find the products that you are allergic to as soon as possible and try avoiding them in your diet.

Every allergy is treated in this same way immune system reactions cannot be controlled using any medicines or treatment. So, avoid all the allergy-causing products in your daily routine as it is the only way to get rid of allergy caused by food items.

The best way to treat any kind of allergy is to avoid the allergen. If you have been diagnosed with blue cheese allergy then it is advisable to avoid blue cheese. In addition to blue cheese, you also need to give up on other products like milk and dairy products, aged cheese, mushrooms, dry fruits, and beer.

The first and foremost thing to be done if you are attacked by the allergen, is to consult your doctor immediately. Doctor will prescribe you anti histamine drugs, which can give you relief for mild allergic symptoms. Whereas if you are suffering from severe reactions like anaphylaxis or respiratory issues then that might take time to get treated.

Determine the allergy in its early stages and get it diagnosed as early as possible if not that mead lead to huge diseases in long run.

Eat healthy food! Take care!